This Christian author perfectly summarizes what happens when you really “listen” to leftist culture
Christian author Paul McCusker is known for his work with the long-running audio drama series, Adventures in Odyssey, as well as many books, plays, and more. This year, for his birthday, he penned a response to the trending mantra that anyone who isn’t up to the cultural standards of wokeness must shut up and listen.
I have been listening.
I highly recommend reading the whole post, but here are a few highlights:
Over the past few decades you have said that I need to listen to you more. “A time of listening” is what you and your disciples have demanded. The fact is, I have been listening. And, for most of my life, this is what I’ve heard from you:
- You declared that absolute truth did not exist, then made your subjective truth absolute.
- You praised individuality, even while you required conformity – and openly ridiculed individuals who were not your approved kind of different.
- You promised freedom without responsibility, pleasure without consequences, affirmation without accomplishment, love without sacrifice.
- You created a culture of death and expected me to celebrate the ways you demeaned and disregarded human life.
- You weaponized tolerance, equality, diversity, inclusivity, law, and social order – all to create a chaos you believe you can control.
- You became rigid and unforgiving, eliminating grace, mercy, and forgiveness from your ideology.
- You promised peace as long as I surrendered.
- You said that equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity should be “color-blind.” But then you turned us into adversarial tribes – with no regard for talent, skill, intelligence, virtue, merit, ability, or common humanity – and have made color everything.
- You said I was on the wrong side of history, and then you tried to eliminate history by poisoning the past.
Daang! Every word of this is just…