RECAP FROM DECEMBERS BOARD MEETING
The Trustees in LTISD voted unanimously in favor of:
- A new District Improvement Plan Goals full of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion,
- The LTISD Plan of Innovation changes that includes bigger class sizes in K-4 without parental notification; removal of students for tutoring without parental consent, in-school suspension waived if class attendance is required for credit, and making ejection of persons from campuses easier,
- A Pro bond donor was awarded a bond contract,
- Approved bond construction vendors lacking competitive bidders in same categories,
- LTISD spending almost ½ of its ESSER funds for gaps in learning on $1,000 payments for every LTISD employee including administration who earn more than the average voter in LTISD; and
- A LTISD policy change in public comment period that allows the Board to move public comment from the beginning of the meeting. –
- So its been 8 months since many of us actively block walked, promoted and won the election with a slate of “Conservative” Candidates for our School Board. So far we have seen absolutely nothing done by these candidates who claimed they were in it, to win it for the Children.There are hundreds of sexually explicit books in Lake Travis Public School Libraries available to our middle school and high school students. (age 11 to 17)There are hundreds of transgender affirming books in all LTISD libraries including all of the Elementary Schools. We are talking about books that “affirm” mutilating children, puberty blockers, and normalizing this all the way down to your kindergartener.
CRT is slipping in as well, many books referencing white cops killing black men, many books sharing how racist we are as a society, black oppression… Etc… Etc…
Pronoun sheets keep popping up from teachers that are telling the children “your parents do not have to know about this” The drug situation is out of control, overdoses, depression, etc… And their fix so far is endless surveys and “Social Emotional Learning”
Unfortunately they have showed zero courage and a smug attitude towards those of us that will not give up on our Public School system. We are done with the days of the good ole boy attitude they have expressed and to put salt in the wound have you noticed how quiet the progressives in our neighborhood are?!? Why you ask? Because they are getting exactly what they want from “conservatives” who are failing us.
We know there is many among even our own group who are not ready to accept this but we cannot be more clear on what is being seen in plain sight, not to mention all the information coming from the FOIA’s that they don’t want parents to know about. Its happening and the lack of accountability is deafening. Please join us in our plight to protect Children in LTISD.