Are you opposed to additional apartments at the NE corner of 620/ Bee Cave Parkway? It is encouraged that citizens attend a public meeting to oppose the Pearl Project on Tuesday, 7/12/22 at 6:00 p.m. at Bee Cave City Hall.
Below are the citizen concerns:
• Added traffic- Bee Cave Parkway will be the only access road, which is already failing, especially at prime drive times. This would also affect safety with student bus transportation and emergency vehicles.
• Bee Cave Comprehensive Plan- The current ratio of single family to multi-family is above what is allowed in the Bee Cave Comprehensive Plan. More apartments would make it even more out of balance.
• Planned Development Agreement/Exceptions: The developers are asking for many exceptions from our ordinances (which is done with a Planned Development Agreement PDA.) Their asks are very much in excess of what ordinances allow. These include:
1.) The number of units per acre almost double what would normally be allowed
2.) No traffic impact study (TIA) has been formally done, which is an ordinance requirement. Instead, they are using estimates
• Schools- This will create an influx number of students in our already crowded schools.
• Water Conservation- This type of development will add to our already problematic water situation.
• Planning and Zoning Committee has already turned this proposal down. We need our elected city officials to turn down this proposal, which is in the best interest of the Bee Cave Taxpayers based on the reasons provided above.
The developer of the Pearl Project is trying to appeal this project, so it is important for citizens to participate by SHOWING UP AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD on Tuesday, 7/12/22 at 6:00 p.m. at Bee Cave City Hall.